Re: AW: [xsl] java xslt (saxon) + php?

Subject: Re: AW: [xsl] java xslt (saxon) + php?
From: Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 10:22:50 -0400
On Jun 23, 2005, at 10:17 AM, Prerovsky, Clemens wrote:

I'm currently working on a PHP5 project which incorporates Saxon-B 8.0 as it's XSLT 2.0 processor. shell_exec works fine for me - I just had to redirect stderr to stdout to be able to catch the error messages with PHP. You will also have to use an absolute path for your calls to Saxon to avoid classpath (or "whatever"-path :) issues.

Thanks. Yeah, he has it working. But if you do that, what about JVM startup, caching, etc.? We were just concerned about performance in other words.

Bruce