Re: [xsl] Linking to a 6 level tag content

Subject: Re: [xsl] Linking to a 6 level tag content
From: Jon Gorman <jonathan.gorman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 10:16:48 -0500
On 6/23/05, Kahlil Johnson <jzarecta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Right what about the 'foo' part? is it the identifier. For example in
> quanta I saw that a tag like <p name="text"> will represent it as

I think there is some slight confusion here.  foo would be the element
name, office would be the namespace it belongs too.  I'm not 100% sure
what you mean about quanta.  I'd recommend picking up "XML in a
Nutshell".  These aren't xslt concepts, but XML concepts.

If you see the tag <p name="text"> that means it's the opening tag of
the element called p in the default namespace with an attribute of
text.

Your second is the opening tag for the element named text in the
namespace p with no attributes.

To select the first one in xslt you would want something like

<xsl:template match="p">
<!-- generate some stuff here -->
</xsl:template>

to match the second you need to have the namespace declared earlier in
the docs (an faq or tutorial should explain more.)

<xsl:template match="p:text">
<!--generate some stuff here -->
</xsl:template>

And of course you would have needed to declare the namespace in
stylesheet to do this ie:

                       xmlns:p="http://somenamespacecalledp";>

Perhaps you might want to skim through some more tutorials or the
specs at http://www.w3c.org

Jon Gorman