[xsl] replacing an output block

Subject: [xsl] replacing an output block
From: Rahil <qamar_rahil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:22:45 +0100
Hi

I want to replace a block of an HTML TABLE output in case better results are obtained later. So I have the result in 'first.html' of some processing in 'first.xsl'.

first.html -- output

<HTML><BODY>
   <TABLE>
         <TR>
               <TD>Want to replace this block with new output</TD>
               <TD>Some other results from first.xsl</TD>
          </TR>
   </TABLE>
</BODY></HTML>

The block shown above has been copied as such in second.xsl using <xsl:copy> and <xsl:copy-of>.

However as a result of processin some other block a better match is obtained for the TR/TD[1] above and I would like to replace this new finding with the old one. Given that I can easily locate the position where this TR/TD[1] occurs, how do I overwrite the earlier output ?

Would appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thanks
Rahil