Re: [xsl] test if null

Subject: Re: [xsl] test if null
From: -= jay =- <deepsweech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 17:22:55 +0800
Hi All, first thank you very much from your answers, im very much
enlightened about what my problem was.

my xml reply is just returning either <sample /> if empty or
at all.
so DC's node() won't work either.

and none of the suggestions can solve it either.

more power to the group!
tnx

On 6/29/05, Ragulf Pickaxe <ragulf.pickaxe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Jay,
>
> The solution that David Carlisle gave you first works. If you did not
> get it to work, you should rather ask yourself (or the list) why it
> didn't work for you.
>
> What we where discussing was not checking whether <sample> element was
> present but whether it had a text() child. That is, the scope was
> within the <sample> element.
>
> In this scope, using DC's solution is the most efficient way of
> solving your problem.
>
> In short:
> <xsl:if test="*">....</xsl:if>
>
> <xsl:if test="string-length(.)=0">....</xsl:if>
>
> <xsl:if test="node()">....</xsl:if>
> does distinguish between <sample/> and all variations of
<sample>....</sample>

--