[xsl] Re: [exslt] Re: Re: [xsl] Importing compiled stylesheets

Subject: [xsl] Re: [exslt] Re: Re: [xsl] Importing compiled stylesheets
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 17:04:54 -0700 (PDT)
> > therefore I think that:
> >
> >   <exslt:include-compiled-module href="hrefToCompiledStylesheet"/>
> >
> > is slightly more precise in meaning.
>
> It would not be usable in XSLT 1.0 because top-level elements cannot be
> extensions, and as I mentioned already, a 1.0 processor could not be
> expected
> to conditionally ignore xsl:include/import instructions.
>
> If this was never intended to be an XSLT 1.0 processor compatible
> extension,
> then I offer my apologies and will bow out of the discussion.

This proposal was never intended for XSLT 1.0.

I am not sure how feasible would such a feature be for XSLT 1.0, given the
fact that in XSLT 1.0 it is impossible to have a "module of functions", as
xsl:function is only an XSLT 2.0 element.

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev

P.S. Another proposal I made -- the exslt:memo-function attribute once
again targets only the xsl:function element of XSLT 2.0