RE: [xsl] Generating User Interfaces from Schema

Subject: RE: [xsl] Generating User Interfaces from Schema
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 15:34:13 +0100
As mentioned in another thread, there is a lot of processing to get from a
schema document (a chunk of XML) to a schema (a set of components with
properties). You probably want to start from the schema, not from the schema
document.

There seems to be a need for a tool here that generates an XML
representation of the schema, perhaps as a schema document in some kind of
"normal form" with appinfo annotations to represent the computed properties.
Having written a schema processor in Java, I find it hard to imagine writing
one in XSLT, though I'm sure it can be done in theory.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/