Re: [xsl] RE: Unterminated String Constant Error??

Subject: Re: [xsl] RE: Unterminated String Constant Error??
From: andrew welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 18:35:53 +0100
On 7/25/05, Bruso, John <jbruso@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks guys... I tried entering the special character &#13; to the
> XSL... I just added it in a few places. But, no carriage return. Do I
> need to enclose it in an XSL tag or something?
>
> I just put it before the HTML:
>
>     <xsl:template match="header">
>             &#13;
> cellspacing="0">

It really isn't a problem if the entire output is on one line - if you
want formatted output use indent="yes" on xsl:output, it will at least
give you less code on the line it identifies as having an error.

The error you are getting is a javascript one, so examine the
javascript you are producing, you will most like have an *unwanted*
carriage return there (rather than a need to add some at random
elsewhere).

cheers
andrew