Re: [xsl] Dynamic import / include?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Dynamic import / include?
From: JBryant@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 10:57:45 -0500
Hi, Dan,

Not directly. However, I can think of at least one roundabout way.

You can have a first stylesheet read the name of that value and write a
second stylesheet that specifies the necessary file to include/import.
Then the second stylesheet does the transformations you need.

While I was thinking about the first answer, another came to me: You could
use a very simple stylesheet to write a command that passes the name of
the file to your main stylesheet as a parameter. Then run the command
(which you could store in a file).

Either way, you end up with a kind of daisy chain effect to get it to
work.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

"Dan Powderhill" <dan.powderhill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
07/26/2005 10:32 AM
Please respond to
xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Spam:[xsl] Dynamic import / include?

Is it possible using XSLT 1 to dynamically import / include another
stylesheet based on the value of a node in the XML?

I have a node (which only appears once per XML doc) within my XML which
contains the filename name of a stylesheet to include - I'd like the XSL
to include or import this using xsl:import or xsl:include.

Is there an easy way of doing this at all?

Dan