RE: [xsl] Xalan question

Subject: RE: [xsl] Xalan question
From: "Karl Koch" <TheRanger@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 17:55:14 +0200 (MEST)
I am sorry for what I wrote. I am just having a difficult time since I come
for Object Oriented Programming which I find rather different from XSLT. But
I am trying hard and eventually I will get into it. Your help is certainly
helping me a lot and I highly appreciate it.

Would you grand me an example of how to do that?

Here my stylesheet again:

version="1.0" xmlns:write="http://xml.apache.org/xalan/write";
extension-element-prefixes="write">

  <xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>
  <xsl:template match="event">
    <xsl:variable name="eventNumber"><xsl:number/></xsl:variable>
      <xalan:write file="{concat($eventNumber,'.xml')}">
        <xsl:copy-of select="*" />
      </xalan:write>
    </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Kind Regards,
Karl

> --- Urspr|ngliche Nachricht ---
> Von: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> An: <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Betreff: RE: [xsl] Xalan question
> Datum: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 16:38:58 +0100
>
> > I modified it to:
> >
> > <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
> > version="1.0" xmlns:xalan="http://xml.apache.org/xalan";
> > extension-element-prefixes="write">
> >
> > Now I get the error: Cannot resolve namespace prefix "write"
> >
> > I searched for node sets at xalan but could only find more
> > people who have
> > problems... Is this really working. I think I will shortly
> > write a Java
> > program on my own who does that. XSLT seems not mature
> > enought for this
> > rather simple operation...
>
> Or perhaps you aren't mature enough to use this rather simple language.
>
> You've specified extension-element-prefixes="write" but you haven't
> declared
> a prefix "write", you have declared a prefix "xalan".
>
> Michael Kay
> http://www.saxonica.com/

+++ GMX - die erste Adresse f|r Mail, Message, More +++