[xsl] problem with namespaces in xslt

Subject: [xsl] problem with namespaces in xslt
From: "Kaila Kaarle" <Kaarle.Kaila@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 16:15:38 +0300
hi,

I have an Excel 2003 XML file and an XSLT file to extract data from there.

I have stored a sample Excel file at
http://www.kk-software.fi/kalle/xslt/SDSFI1.xml

The result from the transformation should be like this:
http://www.kk-software.fi/kalle/xslt/output.xml

For saxon 6.5.4 I get the result using the stylesheet
http://www.kk-software.fi/kalle/xslt/fromExcel.xsl

but if I use xalan 2.6.0 I must use stylesheet
http://www.kk-software.fi/kalle/xslt/fromExcelx.xsl

They are identical except the namespaces. saxon requires namespaces like this
<xsl:template match="xls:Workbook">
and xalan requires that namespaces are removed from the stylesheet like this:
<xsl:template match="Worksheet">

Can you help me? Which one is right and which one is wrong?

I need to make modifications to the DOM tree after the transformation and
saxon thows an exception
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: The Saxon DOM cannot be updated

so it seems I cannot use saxon but I would not like to have my stylesheet
wrong as it may give problems later.

regards
Kaarle