[xsl] appending to result-document

Subject: [xsl] appending to result-document
From: Rahil <qamar_rahil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 14:48:28 +0100
Hi

I have an xsl file which has two output formats. The first one is .html and the other is a named xml output. I am using the <xsl:result-document> instruction for the xml output as such

<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; xmlns:saxon="http://saxon.sf.net/";>
<xsl:output method="html"/>
<xsl:output name="log" method="xml" indent="yes"/>

The template where I have placed the <xsl:result-document> instruction is:
----------------
<xsl:template match="TR" mode="inner">
<xsl:copy>
<xsl:choose>
<xsl:when test="..some test here">
<TD>Some HTML output here !</TD>
<xsl:result-document href="{$clsNm}.xml" format="log" type-information="none">
<Results>
<Term><xsl:value-of select="$clsNm"/></Term
</Results>
</xsl:result-document>
</xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>
------------------

Now the <xsl:when> condition might be satisfied more than once when the <xsl:template> is called recursively. I dont want separate .xml files in <xsl:result-document>. In fact I want to append new <Text> element results to a single .xml file.

The present output results in 3 files: (i) mainResult.html , (ii) Log1.xml and (iii) Log2.xml

Log1.xml looks like this
-------------
<Results xmlns:saxon="http://saxon.sf.net/";>
  <Term>Log1</Term>
</Results>

Log2.xml looks like this
-------------
<Results xmlns:saxon="http://saxon.sf.net/";>
  <Term>Log2</Term>
</Results>

The output I want is two files: (i) mainResult.html , (ii) Log.xml
<Results xmlns:saxon="http://saxon.sf.net/";>
   <Term>Log1</Term>
  <Term>Log2</Term>
</Results>

How do I append xml tags in the log.xml file in the midst of general .html output ?

Appreciate all help.

Thanks
Rahil