Re: [xsl] Measure the length of an XML document in bytes

Subject: Re: [xsl] Measure the length of an XML document in bytes
From: Mukul Gandhi <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 09:43:08 +0530
Hi Houman,
   I just finished writing a Java extension function which determines
file size in bytes (as reported by Windows). Below is the Java code,
XSLT stylesheet and Xalan command line. With this stylesheet, we can
pass the file name from command line.

Java file
-----------
package MyPackage;

import java.io.File;

public class Utility {

  public static long getFileSize(String filename) {
    File file = new File(filename);
    return file.length();
  }
}

XSLT stylesheet
-----------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
                xmlns:my-class="xalan://MyPackage.Utility"

<xsl:output method="text" />

<xsl:param name="filename" />

<xsl:template match="/">
  File Size : <xsl:value-of select="my-class:getFileSize($filename)" /> bytes
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

Xalan Command Line
C:\xml\xsleg\xslt>java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in file_size.xsl -xsl
file
_size.xsl -PARAM filename node.xml

  File Size : 111 bytes

But sorry, if this is not what you want. Just thought of sharing the code.

Regards,
Mukul