SV: [xsl] output encoding problem (can't get UTF-8)

Subject: SV: [xsl] output encoding problem (can't get UTF-8)
From: "Gabriel K" <gabriel.klappenbach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 10:32:26 +0200
I have only set the output element in the outmost stylesheet (this
stylesheet matches "/"). Perhaps I need to set output in all stylesheets
equal? However, UTF-8 is standard output, so only attribute left that could
make a difference would be method= HTML and media-type = text/HTML.

The output element is:
<xsl:output method="html" media-type="text/html" encoding="UTF-8"
indent="no" omit-xml-declaration="yes" doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD HTML
4.01//EN" doctype-system="http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd"/>

I also want to point out that I using an XML read directly from disk (via
document() function), and the E D V characters transformed from that
document look fine when viewed with UTF-8.
The E D V characters I receive from the COM-object (which is the main
transformation document), are screwed up as described earlier.
No matter what encoding I choose in the browser (or with auto detection
which chooses UTF-8 it seems), I can't get proper looking characters for E D
V.
(And of course, if I choose another encoding than UTF-8, the characters from
the static XML-file read with document() are screwed up.)

I'm using IE 6 and firefox 1.04.

If I save the XML I get from the COM-object, and transform it with the same
stylesheet in XMLSPY (it uses MSXML 3 or 4, automatic detection), everything
looks terrific.
So... could it be that the problem arises in the ASP-file, when I use the
IXSLProcessor?

Thanks for sticking with me. :)
If you have any more questions please just ask.

/Gabriel