RE: [xsl] How to sort attribute?

Subject: RE: [xsl] How to sort attribute?
From: "Ross, Douglas" <DRoss@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 10:33:08 -0400
John,

Since Michael Kay points out that attribute order is implementation
dependent and not quaranteed, you might consider transforming your
attributes into elements, where element order is quaranteed to be
maintained in document order. You could change Mukul's stylesheet
slightly:

<xsl:template match="x">
   <x>
     <xsl:for-each select="@*">
      <xsl:sort select="name()"/>
	<!-- change this to element tag:
      <xsl:attribute name="{name()}"><xsl:value-of
select="."/></xsl:attribute> -->
       <xsl:element name="{name()}"><xsl:value-of
select="string(.)"/></xsl:element>
     </xsl:for-each>
   </x>
</xsl:template>

Douglas Ross
Senior Software Engineer, Advanced Development
Kronos
www.kronos.com
Improving the Performance of People and Business(tm) by making software
Smaller, Faster, Sharper, Easier