[xsl] Cross-reference not returning correct node

Subject: [xsl] Cross-reference not returning correct node
From: "Debbie Evans" <devans@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 13:34:10 -0400
AntennaHouse XSL Formatter - Version 3,2,2005,0221,MR3
Language 1.0

Document contains tables with titles and those without. To
get the table numbering to work correctly I used the following:

<xsl:number count="table//title" level="any" from="manual" format="1.
"/>

which works perfectly in the table titles.

However when I try to cross reference to the table
number it only returns the text "Table" -- no number when using the
following:

<xsl:for-each select="key('tableids',@refid)">
<xsl:text>Table&#xA0;</xsl:text>
<xsl:number count="table//title" level="any" from="manual"/>
</xsl:for-each>

If I replace the "table//title" with "table" in the count attribute
the number shows up in the cross reference but not the correct
number because of tables without titles.

Key is defined as:
<xsl:key name="tableids" match="//table[@id]" use="@id"/>

Why the different results using the same <xsl:number>?

Sincerely,
Debbie Evans
Lead Systems Analyst

O'NEIL & ASSOCIATES, INC. <http://oneil.com/>
495 Byers Rd.
Miamisburg, Ohio 45342-3662

Phone: (937) 865-0846 ext. 3001
Fax: (937) 865-5858
E-mail: devans@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:tdevans@xxxxxxxxx>

REVOLUTIONIZING DOCUMENTATION >>> POWERING PRODUCT SUPPORT

Confidentiality Notice
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and intended for
use only by the person(s) or organization listed in the address. If you have
received this communication in error, please contact the sender at O'Neil &
Associates, Inc., immediately. Any copying, dissemination, or distribution
of this communication, other than by the intended recipient, is strictly
prohibited.