[xsl] Creation of DTD

Subject: [xsl] Creation of DTD
From: Verakso <verakso@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 15:24:25 +0200
I not quite sure if creation of DTD's is out of the scope of this
list, if so kindly point me in the right decision.

My problem is, first I am a bit rusty in writing DTD's, second, I not
even sure I can do what I want with a DTD, perhaps a Schema was more
appropriate.

The scenario is as follows. From a system, I get a CSV file, which is
converted into a XML file, like:
<data>
	<row count="1">
		<item name="Price">5</item>
		<item name="Item">Football</item>
		<item name="SKU">1010</item>
	</row>
	<row count="2">
		<item name="Price">15</item>
		<item name="Item">Basket Ball</item>
		<item name="SKU">1012</item>
	</row>
	<row count="n">
		<item name="Price">10</item>
		<item name="Item">ball</item>
		<item name="SKU"></item>
	</row>
</data>

What I would like to do, is to make a DTD so I can check if the item
elements is present, and in that order. CSV is not at "strong" as XML,
and I would like to test up front, if the column names has been
changed in the CSV import.

But AFAIK, it is not possible to write a DTD that specifies the order
and requirements of the name attributes, or am I wrong?

/Thomas