[xsl] Oracle-->Cursor showing <col_row num="1">

Subject: [xsl] Oracle-->Cursor showing <col_row num="1">
From: Jaime Cook <cook_jaime@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 08:07:30 -0700 (PDT)
I am extracting data from an Oracle data to XML.  I have the query working perfectly and the XML
file gets created no problem.  However, I am getting an extra level when I use a CURSOR in my
query.

I have an Oracle query like this:
  SELECT protocol, study_title, (CURSOR select indication from tab2 where tab2.col1 = tab1.col1)
as indications, sched_end_date
   FROM tab1

using no stylesheet at all my XML looks like this:
  <example>
     <Study>
        <protocol>Protocol 1</protocol>
        <study_title>Study to test herpes in chickens</study_title>
        <colloquial_name>ABC1234</colloquial_name>
        <indications>
           <indications_row num="1">
              <indication>Breast Cancer</indication>
           </indications_row>
           <indications_row num="2">
              <indication>Cervical Cancer</indication>
           </indications_row>
           <indications_row num="3">
              <indication>Colorectal Cancer</indication>
           </indications_row>
        <sched_end_date>20-APR-2006</sched_end_date>
     </Study>
  </example>

I would like to eliminate the layer with the <indications_row num="1">.... so that it looks like
this:

  <example>
     <Study>
        <protocol>Protocol 1</protocol>
        <study_title>Study to test herpes in chickens</study_title>
        <indications>
           <indication>Breast Cancer</indication>
           <indication>Cervical Cancer</indication>
           <indication>Colorectal Cancer</indication>
        <sched_end_date>20-APR-2006</sched_end_date>
     </Study>
  </example>

I've tried using xsl to eliminate it but haven't had any luck.  I'm new to xsl so I assume it's
me.  Thanks in advance!

Jaime Cook
539 Kathmere Road
Havertown, PA 19083