RE: [xsl] xsl:result-document and Saxon serializer problems

Subject: RE: [xsl] xsl:result-document and Saxon serializer problems
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 22:38:29 +0100
>     The question that now concerns me is how to remove the img-parms
> namespace from the output file. I dont understand why the serializer
> thinks it is necessary to define that namespace, and I dont know how
> to convince it that it isnt necessary. Any ideas?

Firstly, it's nothing to do with the serializer. The namespace is present in
the result tree, it isn't added by the serializer.

Without going back to study your code in detail, I suspect that the
namespace is copied from the source tree because you used xsl:copy to copy
an element node for which that namespace is in scope. In XSLT 2.0 xsl:copy
has an attribute copy-namespaces="no" to prevent this. It's safe to use this
option provided your data has no namespace-sensitive content - that is,
element or attribute values that contain QNames.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/