Re: [xsl] MS IXSLProcessor input encoding

Subject: Re: [xsl] MS IXSLProcessor input encoding
From: Emmanouil Batsis <Emmanouil.Batsis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 15:14:05 +0300
Gabriel K wrote:

After some investigation I have come to the conclusion that IXSLProcessor
always reads it input in ISO-8859-1 (it could also be windows 1252),
regardless of any declarations in ado Stream, XML-file or Byte Order Mark.

Does anyone agree or disagree with that?

The XML parser is responsible for that. If your XML file has a proper encoding, the parser should be able to read it properly if that belongs to the mandatory encodings (UTF-8 for example, also the default). I am sure ppl will have some advice if you demonstrate the code you use to read the XML, but in general this is irrelevant to XSL.

hth,

Manos