[xsl] Style questions (2 questions)

Subject: [xsl] Style questions (2 questions)
From: iwantto keepanon <iwanttokeepanon@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 01:05:32 +0400 (MSD)
Question #1: I have several stylesheets using 'key' and 'generate-id',
so I am familiar with their workings and quirks.  My question is there
a way to do anything EXCEPT equality compares w/ keys.  I have used
work arounds that sometimes make sense and sometimes feels like a hack
(kind of like trying to code sane CSS in I.E.  <g>).

I had a recent problem of transforming a string of words seperated by
spaces back into a nested structure.  E.g.

<post @tag="reference xml"      href="..." />
<post @tag="reference xml xslt" href="..." />
<post @tag="reference html"     href="..." />
<post @tag="linux"              href="..." />

reference
   xml
      xslt
   html
linux

each word is a folder w/ multiple bookmarks in them (ala. del.icio.us).

As I recursed into folders, it would have been nice to get all post(s)
that started with the current @tag.  With keys that would be fast,
without keys and w/XPath alone it was quite slow.

Please, I'm not looking for a stylesheet or a solution; I have one.
This is just a language question ... which, BTW, I'm 99% sure the
answer is you cant.

Question #2: I have seen answers on the list where someone mentions
XSL and XSLT seperately (and deliberately).  I thought the former was
just a shorter version of the latter.  After all, isnt the main
purpose of the language to do transformations?  Is there a difference?

Thx for indulging me!

--
Rodman