Re: [xsl] dynamic variable name/implementation question

Subject: Re: [xsl] dynamic variable name/implementation question
From: omprakash.v@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 00:39:41 +0530
Hi,

          If you don't know the name of the node to which you would like to
apply your template use some wildcards.

<xsl:template match="*">

or <xsl:template match="node()">

and then you can do

<xsl:if test="local-name() = $param">
<xsl:value-of select="@parameter"/>
</xsl:if>

inside the template.

Hope this helps.

cheers,
prakash

                      Ed S
                      <lists@highpeaksso         To:      xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      ftware.com>                cc:      (bcc: omprakash.v/Polaris)
                      08/25/2005 11:47
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      xsl-list

Hi-
I'm trying to find a workaround or alternate implementation for a
particular problem I'm tring to solve.  I have various parameters that
are passed into the processor, and I would like to use their values in
the stylesheet.  However, I've found that XSLT 1.0 does not support
dynamic variables.
I would like to do the following:

XML:
<text-block>
   this is some text. Folowing is dynamic- <external-value
parameter="someParam"/> -preceding was dynamic
</text-block>

XSL:
<xsl:template match="external-vaue">
    <xsl:value-of select="$@parameter"/> <!-- this won't work -->

where there is a parameter "someParam" passed into the stylesheet - say
someParam="foo".  My output would be:
 this is some text. Folowing is dynamic- foo -preceding was dynamic

Has anybody else ever needed this fuctionality?

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent for the intended recipient(s) only.
If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately.
You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit Us at http://www.polaris.co.in