Re: [xsl] FO 2 XML

Subject: Re: [xsl] FO 2 XML
From: Jon Gorman <jonathan.gorman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 09:09:30 -0500
On 8/26/05, Balakrishnan <balakrishnan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> It's possible FO files 2 XML files?

Ummm.  Yup.  fo is an xml application. Most would just phrase this as
FO is XML.  Since Fo is XML and XSLT is particularily suited to
changing XML files to other XML files, it should be quite easy.  Note
most people have traditionally used it for the reverse (generate fo
files from xml files).

I must confess to having absolutely no clue how this information could
help anyone though.    Whenever I hear a question like this I get
nervous that the person is mistaking XML to be something like HTML as
opposed to SGML.  Perhaps we could address the need that prompt your
question with a little bit more information?  What are these "xml"
files that you want?

Jon Gorman