[xsl] Subtype/inheritance in XML, how does XSLT handle it?

Subject: [xsl] Subtype/inheritance in XML, how does XSLT handle it?
From: "Agnisys Technology \(P\) Ltd." <agnisys@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 20:43:58 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,
  Can XSL handle subtypes/inheritance in XML?

I have an XML document that "declares" a type "someA" and then uses it, as follows:
<top>
  <A_DEC name="someA">
    <doc>  aaaaaaa </doc>
    <v1> 100 </v1>
  </A_DEC>

  <B>
     <A ref="A_DEC" name="someA">
        <doc>  bbb </doc>
     </A>
  </B>
</top>
---------------------
I want this to be transformed into :
A.doc   = bbb
A.v1    = 100
---------------------
Note that doc value is overridden from the XML doc and the v1 value is used from the original
definition.

How do I make XSLT use the entity "A_DEC" when it encounters A?

I'm designing the XML language, so I have the flexibility. If this kind of problem is solved
differently in XML, please advice.

I would much appreciate even partial answers or any pointers.
Thanks,
Anupam.

P.S. I'm new to XML, and to this list, please excuse if this question has been answered before.
Unfortunately I couldn't find the answer when I searched.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs