Re: [xsl] excluding descendants (and all of their descendants as well)

Subject: Re: [xsl] excluding descendants (and all of their descendants as well)
From: António Mota <amsmota@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:15:21 +0100
That's strange, i didn't try it but it seems it should do just that...
I'll try it tomorrow!

On 8/31/05, Woods, Christopher <cwoods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried it out but it still includes text
elements that are descended from the second system element.  I need to skip
over everything below the second system element.

> In psuedocode, what I need is this:
> descendant::text[skip all text elements that are descendants of second
system element]

select="/techinfo/system/descinfo/para-seq/para/*[not(self::system)]

> if i 'm not mistaken...
>
> On 8/31/05, Woods, Christopher <cwoods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > How does one find all text elements that are descendants of the first para
element but exclude any text element that is a descendant of the second system
element?