[xsl] [XSL] Sorting and Displaying Data

Subject: [xsl] [XSL] Sorting and Displaying Data
From: "andy rosbrook" <andy_rosbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 20:52:23 +0000
Hi all

This problem i am having is one of those where i could be really close or a mile off :), here goes anyway.

I have database query results stored in an xml file eg.

<query>

<name>some query</name>

       <result>
             <docname>some document</docname>
             <doclocation>c:\blah\something.pdf</doclocation>
             <category>jobs</category>
       </result>

       <result>
             <docname>some document</docname>
             <doclocation>c:\blah\something.pdf</doclocation>
             <category>jobs</category>
       </result>

</query>

How would i go about creating a hyperlink that would sort the results by category and display them. I've tried to create a template to match 'query' which sorts the results by category using xsl-sort and then displays them in a div area, this div is hidden upon loading but is accessed through a javascript function which shows the div area. However it never seems to work so i wondering if this is the best way to do this? Anybody got an ideas on how i could do this?

thanks
andy

Winks & nudges are here - download MSN Messenger 7.0 today! http://messenger.msn.co.uk