Re: [xsl] MathML to RTF Stylesheet

Subject: Re: [xsl] MathML to RTF Stylesheet
From: Nadia.Swaby@xxxxxx
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 14:25:19 -0400
Thanks to all who replied for the great ideas.

My situation is this: we have a server that renders documents to RTF.  The
user chooses a document to be rendered, and the server downloads the
document from Documentum, and renders it using the stylesheet.  We are
about to start using MathML for our equations (we were previously using
graphics), so I was trying to think of a way to get the equations into RTF.
I know that there is a stylesheet for MathML to HTML, and I just thought
that maybe someone had done something similar for RTF.

Anyway, I think the route I am going to go is no equations in RTF.
Currently, we strip out graphics in the RTF rendition anyway (reason being
that people don't 'edit' graphics per se, just replace them), so no one
should notice a huge difference (I hope).

Nadia

                      David Carlisle
                      <davidc@xxxxxxxx         To:      xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      k>                       cc:
                      2005-09-06 13:52
                      Please respond
                      to xsl-list

other alternatives are dsssl as discussed in a sibling list to this one.
There are some dsssl stylesheets (that I wrote a long time ago, actually
before mathml 1 was a rec) that can be used with jade's rdf back end.

Other alternatives include for example openoffice which has some mathml
support, can that output to rtf? or commercially there's mathtype for ms
word which again has mathml support.

all of which though take you off topic for this list.

David

http://www.star.net.uk