xxRe: [xsl] efficient use of key element and function

Subject: xxRe: [xsl] efficient use of key element and function
From: Manfred Staudinger <manfred.staudinger@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 12:56:52 +0200
> <name>schmid_hans</name>
> and
> when keyed with 'schmid_hans' would both return an element
I'm unable to verify the second case using Saxon 8.5.1.

I was thinking the use attribute only comes into play _after_ a match
was found and in some way can be viewed as a return value (per node)
of the key function? So again, if I'm interested only in "node found" and
"no node found", what is the use attribute for?

> If might be better to match on text() than on *
For my test-case it should be the same.

Regards, Manfred