Re: [xsl] AltovaXML Parser

Subject: Re: [xsl] AltovaXML Parser
From: Tony Lavinio <xml1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 09:03:53 -0400
On 07-28-2005 5:56 PM, Jacoby, Peter R. wrote:
I recently noticed that Altova, the makers of XML Spy, have released their XSLT
parser as a free stand-alone component to be used in application development.
Named AltovaXML, they claim it has full XSLT 2.0 Schema-Aware support which I
think would put it as only the second (after Saxon) to offer this advanced
functionality (and Altova offers it for free).  The website [1] lists COM, Java,
and .Net interfaces which pretty much covers about 95% of us.

I haven't had a chance to download and play with it yet, but I was curious if
anyone else has and what their experience has been.  I've been impressed with
XMLSpy in the past and am intrigued that they are releasing their XSLT engine as
a stand-alone product.

We tried it out, and here are our findings: http://www.stylusstudio.com/altovaxml.html

--
Sincerely,