RE: [xsl] Apply-templates - how to omit top level element tags?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Apply-templates - how to omit top level element tags?
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 00:50:06 +0100
> That sounds much better.  BTW, I have read several books on
> XSD schemas
> and am still struggling with the nuances of writing schemas. What are
> some good tools that can take an XML file and infer an XSD schema to
> create a starting point?

You can get a starter schema in this way from IDEs such as Stylus Studio or
XML Spy. You'll probably want to refine it.

> Also, unfortunately, the tool I'm currently using only supports MSXML
> 4.0 SP2 last updated 6/2/2003, and everything else we do here
> is .NET on
> Windows, so I don't know if I can used XSLT 2.0 anytime soon w/o
> completely changing my environment (which would currently be too time
> consuming and painful), can I?

Upside down thinking. Choose the tools you need to do your job, then find a
platform that runs them.

Saxon runs on Java which runs fine on Windows.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/