RE: [xsl] IXSLProcessor - input in UTF-8?

Subject: RE: [xsl] IXSLProcessor - input in UTF-8?
From: "Gabriel" <gabriel.klappenbach@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:32:08 +0200
I get the XML from a COM-object that I use in an ASP page:

<% @LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" %>

<%
option explicit
Response.Expires=-1
'Response.ContentType = "text/html"

' setup XML-server
dim o
set o = Server.CreateObject("MwebbCOM.MwebbCOM.1")
o.httpRemoteUser = Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_USER")
o.httpRemoteAddr = Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_ADDR")
o.httpQueryString = Request.QueryString
o.BeginTransaction

' --------------------------------------------------------------------
' setup ADODB Stream -------------------------------------------------
dim oStream
set oStream = createobject("Adodb.Stream")
oStream.Type = 2
oStream.Charset = "UTF-8"
oStream.open

oStream.writeText o.document
oStream.position = 0

' load XML and XSL ---------------------------------------------------
dim domXML, domXSL, processor, template
set domXSL = Server.createObject("MSXML2.FreeThreadedDOMDocument.5.0")
set domXML = Server.createObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument.5.0")

domXSL.load(Server.MapPath("XSL/PC/PC-templates.xsl"))

domXML.load(oStream)

' output with IXSLProcessor ------------------------------------------
Set template = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.XSLTemplate.5.0")
template.stylesheet = domXSL
set processor = template.createProcessor()

processor.input = domXML
processor.output = Response
processor.transform()
%>

As you can see I put the XML in a stream and then load it into a DOM XML
object. This serves as input to IXSLProcessor.

The xml has the declaration <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

What could be non XML aware in my code?