Re: [xsl] URIResolver

Subject: Re: [xsl] URIResolver
From: Robert Koberg <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 14:12:21 -0400
Hi,

Kevin L. Cobb wrote:
This may be somewhat off topic for this list so I apoligize in advance.

I've implemented a URIResolver for my transformer calls. For some
reason, when I use the document('') XPATH expression function, the

it is an XSL function :)

URIResolver does not get called. Instread I get the error "(The system
cannot find the file specified)". What I've read says that document()
should use URIResolver. Perhaps it's the implenation I'm using?

Different java processors handle this differently (I tried to get this to be clarified in the jaxp spec but nothing came of it). I did some testing on this a while ago, but don't know if it is still relevant:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/xsl-list/1821738

So, if the above info is still correct, you will need to set one resolver on the factory and one on the Transformer itself (it can be the same object instance). Or if you just need to resolve the document function, you could just set it on the transformer (assuming you are creating/reusing a Templates object).

best,
-Rob

<xsl:for-each select="document('facility_map.xml')"> <xsl:value-of select="key('facilityIDMap', $lookup)/@value"/> </xsl:for-each>

My Transformer Factory Implementation is:
org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl

-Kevin