Re: [xsl] Variable construction

Subject: Re: [xsl] Variable construction
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 15:23:48 +0100
You say
> The variable is a url specified in an external document...
but you also say
> The variable...
>
> <xsl:variable name="helpUrl">
>       <xsl:text>http://info.uwe.ac.uk/myuwe/myMarks.asp</xsl:text>
> </xsl:variable>

I can't reconcile these statements (so don't understand your question)
Is the variable defined in the stylesheet (in which case it would be
better to do

<xsl:variable name="helpUrl" select=
      "'http://info.uwe.ac.uk/myuwe/myMarks.asp'"/>

or in an external document (in which case you probably need the
document() function)

> The text...
>
> .....If you have any queries, please contact your <a target="_blank"
> href="{$helpUrl}">Faculty Office</a> without delay....

By text here I assume you mean stylesheet source, as that isn't a text
node it's three text nodes, an element node and an attribute node
(that's an attribute value template). The attribute value template will
expand to the value of the variable (which appears to be the answer to
your question).

David (confused)

http://www.star.net.uk