Re: [xsl] Strict sequential identity rule?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Strict sequential identity rule?
From: Evan Lenz <evan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 08:06:46 -0700
Hi Dimitre,

Can you at least confirm that you intended to put a "/" in the match pattern? I'm tempted to spend a long time on this if I know there's still a riddle to be solved. :-)

Thanks,
Evan

Dimitre Novatchev wrote:

Hi,
I think that trying to answer the following question can be interesting and
useful for the members of our community.

Is the following statement true or false:

"The transformation below is an identity transformation":

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
	<xsl:output omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>
	<xsl:template match="@* | node()">
		<xsl:copy>
			<xsl:apply-templates select="@*"/>
			<xsl:apply-templates select="node()[1]"/>
		</xsl:copy>
		<xsl:apply-templates select="following-sibling::node()[1]"/>
	</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

-- Cheers, Dimitre Novatchev --------------------------------------- Getting caught is the mother of invention.