Re: [xsl] Recursion (I think)

Subject: Re: [xsl] Recursion (I think)
From: Nicholas Orr <nick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 20:52:37 +1000
On 26/09/2005, at 6:04 PM, Michael Kay wrote:

I've used a set of templates that call each other and work their way down the list, and use parameters to keep the id and name fields that I need. I think it works, and I'll test it on some bigger data sets and see how I go.

That's the right approach. But you don't need to pass parameters for the id
and name fields: you can always navigate back up to them using the parent
and ancestor axes.

How do you do that if you don't know how far back up the tree they are?

I know how to do a path like "../../../" that goes up the tree, but if you've got multiple nested levels and you don't know how far back they are, is it possible to do something like :

"go up the tree until you hit a 'Object' node"

Thanks,
Nick