Re: [xsl] Specifying the XHTML XMLNS

Subject: Re: [xsl] Specifying the XHTML XMLNS
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 14:56:38 +0100
  If I add this to my stylesheet, I get a correct <html> node but I get
  these kind of things on the rest of the result:

  <link rel="stylesheet" href="./css/login.css" type="text/css" xmlns=""></link>
  ..

You have generated an link in no-namespace, so having made html (and,
presumably, head) in xhtml, the system has to add xmlns="" to teh
serialised output to keep link in no-namespace.

However you don't want link in no-namespace so the solution is to
generate a link element in xhtml then the system will not ad any xml
namespace declaration at all as the namespace of link will be the same
as that of its parent.

But presumably this was not generated by the stylesheet that you posted
earlier, as that had a literal result element <link> so if you added
xmlns="http.... to xsl:stylesheet then this link element would be in the
xhtml namespace not in no-namespace and you woul dnot get xmlns=""
generated.

David

http://www.star.net.uk