RE: [xsl] sum partial of the text

Subject: RE: [xsl] sum partial of the text
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 15:57:21 +0100
Here are five ways to sum over a computed quantity:

* In XPath 2.0, use sum(for $i in data return substring($i,7,4))

* Create a result tree fragment containing nodes whose value is the computed
number, and use sum(xx:node-set($rtf//value)) to do the summation, where
xx:node-set() is your vendor's extension function for converting an RTF to a
node-set

* Use a recursive named template (this is the only standard XSLT 1.0
solution).

* Use the saxon extension function saxon:sum($nodes, saxon:expression(...))

* Use a higher-order function in the FXSL library

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/