RE: [xsl] Getting inner exception in xslt processor

Subject: RE: [xsl] Getting inner exception in xslt processor
From: omprakash.v@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:48:51 +0530
Hi,
        I suppose I was using xalan at that time though I can configure for
both xalan and saxon.  Again, the XML parser is whatever that comes with
xalan probably xerces2 but I can't be certain. The exception was one
falsely introduced by me to see if I could get the exact error messages
behind the failed transformation. I made my stylesheet to be ill-formed and
I only get a "Failed to parse stylesheet" message.

Hope I have given enough information his time round.

cheers,
prakash

                      "Michael Kay"
                      <mike@xxxxxxxxxx         To:      <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      om>                      cc:      (bcc: omprakash.v/Polaris)
                      10/10/2005 08:31
                      PM
                      Please respond
                      to xsl-list

>     How would I get the inner exception associated with the exception
> classes  TransformerConfigurationException and TransformerException.
> I see that there is a method getCause() and getException() in
> these classes
> but they return null when the XML parser throws an exception.

You need to tell us what XSLT processor you are using (and probably, what
XML parser you are using and what the exception was).

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent for the intended recipient(s) only.
If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately.
You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit Us at http://www.polaris.co.in