RE: [xsl] Merging 2 XML's in to 1 output XML (Performance Issue)

Subject: RE: [xsl] Merging 2 XML's in to 1 output XML (Performance Issue)
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 14:56:38 +0100
> The specific bug that convinced me to leave Saxon isn't
> listed on that
> page. If I recall correctly, it involved TrAX failing to
> output complete
> document fragments when the output result tree fragment did
> not have a single root.

That's not a bug then, it's a design decision, or more particularly a
question of interpretation of the SAX specification. Does the ContentHandler
specification imply a contract that the sequence of events you pass to it is
well-formed? There's no right answer; but there are ContentHandlers out
there that make that assumption and that fall over in a messy heap if you
pass them two top-level element nodes.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/