Re: [xsl] manipulating text and not losing elements

Subject: Re: [xsl] manipulating text and not losing elements
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:04:19 +0100
There are examples of this in the faq (I think) and certainly in the
archives of this list (including a thread this week)

You just need to do your replacemnt on each text node individually

> But what happens in the scenario where I want to remove the numbers
> right after the indent1 and paragraph tags,

XSLT has no access to any tags, so first express that in terms of things
XSLT can see:

But what happens in the scenario where I want to remove the numbers
in the text node right after the indent1 and paragraph elements,

then it's easy to see that this is just a match pattern:

<xsl:template match="text()[preceding-sibling::node()
                             [1]
                             [self::indent1 or self::paragraph]
                            ]
                           [starts-with(translate(.,'123456789','000000000'),'0')]">
 <xsl:value-of select="substring-after(.,' ')"/>
</xsl:template>

David

http://www.star.net.uk