Re: [xsl] xslt & doctype problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] xslt & doctype problem
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 14:42:35 +0100
> I find it counter-intuitive, but it is best to always put the most
> generic templates above specific ones. Especially when not using
> priorities on templates..

Beware that if changing the order of templates in the file makes any
difference then you have a conflicting template match which is an error
and a system may just refuse to generate any output at all. It may
recover from the error by taking the last template specified, but it
is always dangerous to depend on error recovery and it's better to
avoid the error by not having multiple templates match a node with the
same priority.

David

http://www.star.net.uk