Re: [xsl] Grouping-by appropriate values from external document.

Subject: Re: [xsl] Grouping-by appropriate values from external document.
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 14:36:12 +0100
> Either "use a key", or "use a product whose optimizer does automatic
> indexing" - like Saxon-SA (shameless plug).

I did think while writing that, that I was opening a large door for you
to jump through:-)

It actually makes it hard to give general advice: On the whole I assume
(when writing answers, if not in my own code) that there is no
optimisation going on. It doesn't (normally) do any harm if people write
an "efficient" version rather than an "inefficient" version even if in
some cases a smart optimiser actually takes the inefficient idiom and
rewrites it to something that turns out to be more efficient than the
native "efficient" version. (I think that you do this for some //
idioms).

David

http://www.star.net.uk