RE: [xsl] How to avoid a blank line

Subject: RE: [xsl] How to avoid a blank line
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:20:32 +0100
A simple solution to this might be to apply normalize-space() to your text
nodes: though that will also lose some newlines that you want to keep. But
in HTML newlines are equivalent to spaces.

But you can use David Carlisle's solution if you want more control over the
appearance in a text editor.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

PS: if you have an earlier question that wasn't answered, it's probably a
good idea to take another look at it and ask yourself why. Probably the
question wasn't clear to people, perhaps it was too long, perhaps it was too
short. Most people only answer questions if they can understand the question
from a very quick reading. If it's an interesting and worthwhile question
they may spend a lot of time answering it, but they won't spend a lot of
time trying to understand it. And if you need to refer to it later, include
a hyperlink to the archives.