Re: [xsl] Dynamic processing of xml file using xsl and javascript (200411/msg00765)

Subject: Re: [xsl] Dynamic processing of xml file using xsl and javascript (200411/msg00765)
From: António Mota <amsmota@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 05:24:44 +0100
Reading back, i noticed a gross error in my post, in

(...)  output method, XML or HTTP (...)

it's XML or ***HTML***

Also, as per your concern in  " If it's a client-side file, I don't
want to require non-technical users to download it" when i mentioned
that Sarissa is client-side, being a javascript library it will
dowload as part of your pages, so no need to do nothing special
(except enable javascript on the browser, ofcourse).

Regards.

On 10/21/05, Antsnio Mota <amsmota@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sarissa is a cross-browser javascript library, it uses whetever
> processor is present, msxml on IE transformiix on FF. It's not a
> replacement for any parser and it's entirely client-side, not server.
> With it you can write exactly the same code to work on IE and FF.
>
> Take a look at http://sarissa.sourceforge.net/doc/
>
> BTW, the developer of Sarissa is Manos, who answered you on this thread
too.

> I was talking about
>
>  <xsl:output method="xml"/>
>
> Google for xsl output and you'll find it :)
>

> On Fri Oct 21 14:48:13 2005, aevarga@xxxxxx <aevarga@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > Antonio,
> >

> > From the little I've read on various websites, am I correct in assuming
that Sarissa is a replacement for the Microsoft XML parser?  If so, I can't
really use it.  If it's a server-side file, Yahoo is my web host so I can't do
anything fancy without paying more than the $8.95/month budgeted by our
parents group.  If it's a client-side file, I don't want to require
non-technical users to download it.  My audience needs to use off-the-shelf
features of IE or FF.

> > What do you mean by "output method, XML or HTTP"?  Can you point me to any
reference material at W3C so that my questions here on the XSL list won't be
too general?