Re: [xsl] XPath 2.0 / XSLT 2.0 status and timing

Subject: Re: [xsl] XPath 2.0 / XSLT 2.0 status and timing
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 13:56:47 +0100
  Am I correct in thinking they are not going to advance until other
  specifications on which they depend have been finalized? (I can't
  remember where I heard this: maybe on this list, once upon a time.)

I don't think so, XPath 2 status says for example:

The XML Query and XSL Working Groups expect to progress this document to
Candidate Recommendation status in the very near future.

I believe that the 15th sep drafts are so people who made a last call
comment can make a "final check" that any changes did correctly resolve
the issue, and assuming that's all OK, things will move on "in the very
near future".

David

http://www.star.net.uk