Re: [xsl] Merging two xsl documents

Subject: Re: [xsl] Merging two xsl documents
From: Ragulf Pickaxe <ragulf.pickaxe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 13:54:00 +0200
Hi Thomas,

On 10/28/05, Thomas Winkler <thomasm003@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have one XSL-FO Stylesheet which contains the header
> data. Then I got several XSL-FO files with the
> appropriate tables.
>
> How can I merge these two XSL-FO files ?

<Snip/>

> <!--> The content of the second XSL-FO should be added
>
> here <!-->

You cannot merge the two stylesheets as if they where text.
You can include or import another stylesheet, then call or apply the
templates in that stylesheet.

If you have a general stylesheet and a number of specific stylesheets,
you must include the general in the specifics, then call the specific
one that you want to use.

The output will then have to be generated in the template like:

<xsl:template name="some-general-template">
<!-- Do some general stuff here -->
<!-- Now call a specif template -->
<xsl:call-template name="some-specific-template"/>
<!-- Do some more general stuff here -->
</xsl:template>

Regards,
Ragulf Pickaxe :-)