Re: [xsl] Acces nodes [help]

Subject: Re: [xsl] Acces nodes [help]
From: Ragulf Pickaxe <ragulf.pickaxe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 10:11:50 +0100
Hi Ana,

You cannot have an element whose name is a number.
QName has to start with a letter or an underscore.

> And  in a xml file i could find <find-list> word1</find-list>. The
> number of the list(1,2,..) is save in a param of the xslt file.
> In this example i had to obtain house or cat(it depends of the param
> value). I try it with the follow sentence but it doesn't run:
> document('../list.xml')//*[name()=current()/.]/*[name()=$number]/.
> What's fail?

If you are going to get a lot of elements from the list.xml file, I
would recommend using a variable to hold the document:
<xsl:variable name="listfile" select="document('../list.xml')"/>

Regards,
Ragulf Pickaxe :-)