Re: [xsl] resolve html entities

Subject: Re: [xsl] resolve html entities
From: Maximilian Gärber <max@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 10:42:44 +0100
Thanks for the suggestion.

I hoped this would be easier, since these are all "standard" html entities. I thought of two possible
approaches:

1.) the ugly one: do a string-replace

2.) get a fitting dtd/schema which maps these entities to unicode characters

Would either one be a good starting point?

Thanks,
Max

Michael Kay wrote:

I would suggest parsing the HTML using John Cowan's TagSoup parser. This
looks to the XSLT processor just like an XML parser, so you can probably
integrate it directly - depending on the XSLT processor that you are using.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/