[xsl] access the root element

Subject: [xsl] access the root element
From: "Kai Hackemesser" <kaha@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 16:34:13 +0100 (MET)
I'm desparating.

I have an XML document (very large, 78k lines, generated by the Eclipse
Plugin "Eclipse Metrics") where I want to write an XSL for. The XML is
formed like that:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Metrics scope="eVistaDev" type="PackageRoot" date="2005-11-02"
<Metric>(further elements)</Metric>
<Metric>(further elements)</Metric>

It is a completely wellformed XML file. I try to access the attributes of
the Metrics element (the root element). I have no luck with that. Can
anybody tell me where is the error for that I'm blind for?

this is the xsl file I have written so far:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <xsl:output method="html"/>
    <xsl:template match="/">
                <title>Metrics Report from <xsl:value-of select="@date"
                <H1><xsl:value-of select="@date" />, <xsl:value-of
select="@type" /></H1>
                <h2>Overview for calculated Metrics</h2>
                <!-- 1. Overview over Project -->
                <h3>Overall Metrics</h3>
                <xsl:for-each select="Metric[count(Value)=1]">
                    <li><xsl:value-of select="@id"/> - <xsl:value-of
select="@description"/> : <xsl:value-of select="./Value/@value"/></li>
                <!-- 2. Overview over Packages -->