Re: [xsl] XSL2 attribute and schema-attribute tests

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL2 attribute and schema-attribute tests
From: Soren Kuula <dongfang@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 19:29:51 +0000
Michael Kay wrote:

Sorry for pressing the wrong key and sending prematurely.

OK, how am I going to determine my axes after throwing my home made parser at the XPath then?
There are the cases "", "@", ".." and explicit for the axes, and there are kind and name tests for the node tests.

The rules for abbreviated steps are spelled out at:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath20/#abbrev

In fact that doesn't mention the schema-attribute(.....) test as defaulting to attribute axis -- only just attribute(.....). Error?

And, I saw I had goofed up my original question: I did not mean to ask whether

self::node()/@foo

ever selects anything -- of course it does (if the context node is an element with foo attrs) -- but whether attributes will survive self::node() in

@foo/self::node()

but I think it's been answered already (thanks) -- they do survive.

Soren