Re: [xsl] Grouping / unique list with just XPath

Subject: Re: [xsl] Grouping / unique list with just XPath
From: Alexander Johannesen <alexander.johannesen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 09:27:38 +1100
Hey,

On 11/17/05, David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You can use keys against any node set. I'm not sure what you mean by
> "dynamic" in this context, but if they stay still long enough to be
> captured into an xsl variable, you can index them with an xsl key.

The problem is that I don't know the schema of the incoming files but
they're channeled through a recursive single template, so fiddling
around with keys to capture something that I currently trap in
<xsl:choose /> contraptions seem a bit tricky, especially through
recursiveness. My files are reasonably small but numorous (about 50
per transformation), so the performance hit ain't currently a problem
and I fear creating bucketloads of different keys to index all the
possibilities might cause more code-bloat than I like.

And yes, XSLT 1.0; using a framework that don't support 2.0 yet.

Alex
--
"Ultimately, all things are known because you want to believe you know."
                                                         - Frank Herbert